Monday, March 7, 2011

Mom and Dad Move Home!

The Blankenships are back where they belong! After a longer-than-expected stint in Ohio, and a 15 month period of living with my God Mom and in an apartment next to their property, Mom and Dad have officially moved into their home on Camano Island. It was fun to watch them go through every step of building a home, which for my crazy-detailed Mom, meant no detail overlooked. It's beautiful and we can't wait for a sleep-over (hint, hint ;) I spent two days helping them (one with my fam and one without) and I don't know how much we actually helped, but it was fun!
A few random notes:
Last night I heard some howling from Lewis in the hall and had to investigate. This is what I found:

Three little gifts for Kealan just outside her door. For those of you without cats, cats tend to leave presents for their owners at their doorsteps. For outside cats, it's usually half-eaten critters with the good part saved for you. With indoor cats, you get their very favorite toys.

The generous one!
Tiernan recently spent some time one day making an elaborate "cat boat" out of my couch for Lewis. T was tickled pink when Lewis actually took the bait and napped in it! Tiernan decided that Lewis required sustenance and recreation out at sea, and stocked it with play food and cat toys.

I love putting my kids down for bed and then checking on them later to see where they have ended up:

In her upper bunk, no less!

No comments: