Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Kalaloch and Sequim


Kalaloch holds a special place in my heart, as does Sequim. While growing up, I spent a week each summer in both little slices of heaven. I hadn't been back to Kalaloch since high school, and G and I have been meaning to for a long time. We couldn't have chosen a more perfect week - it was BEAUTIFUL! I loved introducing G and our children to it, and it brought back great memories of my neighborhood family. Each day was spent on the beach - ALL day. Just the way I like it!

Photo Op with the bear in the lodge

The only picture of both of us!


Riding the Log was a favorite game

Sand Angels

Every time T had the binoculars, he'd say, "Cheeeese!"

Got Sand?

When we had said goodbye to Kalaloch, it was off to Sequim and a visit to Forks - Twilight Central! I'm so glad to see them cashing in on it. There are tours, restaurants, resorts, hotels, and stores all catering to the Twilighters. And don't even try to visit in the middle of September - they're celebrating Bella's birthday for the second year and it's shaping up to be the biggest gathering ever - anywhere!
After Forks it was off to Grandma Suzie's and Grandpa Ron's. It is always great to visit with them. T became one with their large stuffed pug, Pugly, and with Grandpa's blessing, Pugly joined our family!
We simply can't visit Sequim without a stop at the Olympic Game Farm. Up and Snotty-close!
We hit the ferry home, which was T's first ride where he could run around rather than being breast-fed or sleeping in the car.

Most of the ride was spent running in circles through the doors - after being trapped in the car, they had some stink to burn off!

2 comments:

lisa said...

Oh Sonnet! I have been wanting to take my kids there too!!!! I wish we were there. Did you camp? I hope you had a great time!

Tara said...

So, did we see you on the spit again and not know it? We were there!!! Not Kalaloch, but Sequim and Dungeness and the game farm! I am uploading a video to facebook right now :) We were at the game farm on the 4th. Crazy small world. We'll have to coordinate one of these days. Oscar was a champion camper. Three nights in the tent with longer naps and nights than he sleeps at home!!!