Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween 2.0

We finally got our Halloween here at the Gardipee Hale - just over a week late! I delivered some candy to our awesome neighbors, who even lit their Jack-o-Lanterns for us! The kids had a blast, and all was well for Halloween this year. Yoda and Ariel made their rounds, and I got my picture. It's hard to see, but Kealan's hair was spray-painted red, though she was disappointed that it didn't turn out like mine!

To top off all of our fun medical adventures of late, Kealan broke her arm. This actually happened a few days after she came down with H1N1, but the day before we took Tiernan to Children's Hospital. She simply fell off a chair onto her shoulder. She complained of it hurting a little, so we decided to let her go to bed and check in the morning. Well, that morning I called 911 for Tiernan and we didn't come home for a few days. While I was gone, George made an appointment for her and Dr. Joe said he didn't think it was broken and to give her some pain meds to see if it got better within the next few days. Well, it didn't, and a week later we got the x-rays to discover that it was. As far a breaks go, it's good one, though it did buy us 2 more visits to Children's to see the Orthopedic Surgeon. It's the Dr. she sees for her leg anyway, so my permanent badge is coming in quite handy! So far this is three visits this month! On one of those particular days when we were gone all day to Urgent Care, Pediatrician, and Therapy, I was loading two uncooperative children into the car when I stated that I was at the"end of my rope". "Momma, that's just when you have to tug on it!" Kea stated. Oh, my little problem-solver!

No comments: