Friday, February 5, 2010

Skookumchucks

Last summer we gave dust motes a new name here in the Gardipee Hale. Kealan loves to spot them, and called them fireflies. While on one of our many road trips during the most-awesome-summer-ever, we decided that "dust motes" was a far-too-ordinary name for such sparkly things! This had slipped my mind (as they haven't paid us a visit in a while) until the other day when Kealan exclaimed with such excitement, "Skookumchucks!" while spinning like a ballerina through them. We hope to see much more of them soon!

These past few weeks held two important doctor's visits: Opthamologist for K and Hematologist for T. Good news on both ends! Dr. Epley declared that K needn't wear her patch anymore for the time being. She was thrilled with this development, as she has fought us tooth and nail for the past 3 years with wearing it. Dr. Pendergrass also gave us some hope on the Neutrapenia front. T's blood work is coming back better with each blood draw and we're praying for him to be deemed "cured" soon!

Kealan Funnies:
-She told the Classic joke:
"Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side" followed by "Ba dum dum" for the drums!
-We had an unconventional discussion relating to marriage (I had to write it down immediately to get it verbatim):
K: I'm going to marry Tiernan.
Me: That's against the rules, honey. Besides, you'll meet someone else later and fall in love and then you'll want to be married to them.
K: Momma, don't get rid of the crib yet, because I'm going to need it for my baby.
Me: When you have your own baby, you'll want a new crib.
K: (wailing) But I don't know where to get one!
I don't want to travel to get married, so I'll just marry Gibson (her bud and neighbor) because he's just like 18 inches away.

No comments: