Friday, February 26, 2010

Laying Low

Even though the weather has been FABULOUS, we've been laying low due to illness lately. Tiernan came down with pneumonia, RSV and a double ear infection. Good Times! He was kind enough to share with G and I, so we're focusing on getting healthy. In that vein, T had a check-up with his Hematologist at Children's Hospital and that last few blood draw results have been better. If this trend continues, he may be declared "cured" soon! I'm allowing myself to be cautiously optimistic. We also have another sleep study at Children's coming at the end of May to see if he needs to be on oxygen any longer. We'll see!

We did finally manage to get to Imagine! The Everett Children's Museum. T couldn't join us, of course, but my Mom and Dad did and Kealan had an absolute blast! We'll definitely be headed back soon - hopefully with T someday!
Peek-a-boo!
Firefighter Kea

The day was fabu, so the roof-top play area was open.

K's favorite part of the airplane was the baggage compartment - she had it all to herself!

Farmer K milking Bessie
Being trapped inside doesn't bother my children at all. They LOVE to hang out, play, and have pajama days. They also have really good attitudes when they're sick - real troopers. Needless to say, several dress-up sessions broke out daily, though I only got a few pics.

T is a major Woody freak right now - "Howdy, Partner!" is the phrase of choice!


T loves to dress up in K's dresses and spin - who could blame him?
Kealan went through another one of her creative sleeping phases. Here are a couple of examples:
In her pop up tent with her legs sticking out of the door.

In a big. wicker, laundry basket that she pads with pillows - her "nest".
K Funnies:
-Upon learning that it was Sunday and that she had school the next day, she threw her hand to her forehead and wailed, "I need more weekend!"
- While K was going potty, I asked her if she wanted her privacy. "No," touching my nose with her finger. "I want to be around someone. Namely, you!"
- I think K might have a future in Conflict Resolution. After asking me to play the fox to her hen and to try to steal her eggs, she stopped my role play with, "Stop, Fox. Why is it that you want to kill my children?"
T Funnies:
- T came to me whining, "I need to go to the doctor, Momma. I need to make sure my foot is OK. I hurt my foot." (Mind you, he substitutes "p"s for "f"s so it comes out "put"!) After being asked how he hurt his foot, he replied, "I kicked Kea, and her bones hurt my foot."
- While running an errand at Target I got an Icee (my Target treat). T had his first sip and declared, "I like it!" I said, "I like it too." To which he said, "I like it three!"
- Overheard from K's room:
K - "You're messy."
T - "I'm not messy, I'm Tiernan!"
- Sometimes G leaves for work after the kids are awake. After he left one morning, T asked where Daddy went. "To go to work." I answered. T exclaimed, "To make us some money? I want money!"

No comments: