Tuesday, May 4, 2010

San Francisco

G had to attend a conference in San Fran this week, so as we like to do whenever we can, I tagged along! We added a day on the weekend to play and had a rad time. We haven't been in about 12 years, so it was fun to get back. We ate some exquisite food, including our breakfast of champions: a bucket of crab with lemon squeezed over it. Heaven! Fleur de Lys was our first stop for dinner when we got into town. Devine, and just a bit hoity toity for G, though he adored it nonetheless. The cab company's phone number was seven 3's (333-3333), the address of the restaurant was 777 and our fave drink of the evening was a 777. If only I were in Vegas! I ordered the Fleur Burger for dessert - say that and try not to sound like the Swedish Chef! Bork, bork, bork! The next day was spent flashing back as we explored Haight Ashbury (something we didn't do last time). I loved the store fronts and the paint palates of the houses.
My favorite - purple and green!

Our last dinner was Vietnamese at The Slanted Door - my, oh, my! Soooooooooo yummy! Thank you to the Salo's for the recommendations. You two never steer us wrong!
On our excursion, we happened upon this:
How could we not go inside and partake in a drink?! Sadly, no T shirt small enough for the little man (they were too big for me!). Pictures will have to do. The best news from the trip? Mom and Dad watched the monkeys and no one fell ill and no trips to the ER! Woo Hoo! Thank you, Babe, for a great date weekend! Thank you, Mom Dad, for taking such sweet care of our precious ones!
K Funnies:
-April was babysitting one evening and Kea divulged her night-time routine. "Sometimes I sneak out of bed and get books and read to myself in bed. My parents don't know." April asked, "Really? Are you supposed to do that?" "No, but my parents don't know, so it's OK," aswered K. April replied, "Really? Are you sure about that? That isn't telling the truth. I bet they probably do know, and I bet they hear you." K insisted, "No, I'm sneaking. They don't know." Uh, huh. Right. We're oblivious to the elephant up in her room at night. Now that I know she thinks she's being sneaky, I have to come down on her!
-While snuggling with G on Saturday morning before we left for San Fran (he'd been away all week in New Jersey and Chicago) she sniffed and declared, "You smell like business trip."

No comments: