Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Yes, we had such a fabulous Christmas Day that this is literally the only photographic evidence. We were packed up and ready to roll out the door to my cousin's house in Woodland for Christmas Eve, when T (who never complains about anything, mind you) started crying about his tummy hurting. We pulled the plug and sent Mom and Dad on their way without us (we were carpooling). G and I couldn't bear the thought of T getting sick on the way there or at our destination when there's 4 hours between us and home. Needless to say, I was grumpy all day, but I know it was the best decision. Fortunately, T wasn't sick at all (he just needed to clear up some business) so we had a casual day celebrating at home in our jammies. We let the kids open their gifts from us and their friends with a few hours in between each gift. That gave us time to play with each one for a while and really enjoy them! I have to say, as hard as it was to miss the big party, our little party was fabulous!

Mom and Dad arrived to our house very late and stayed over so they wouldn't have to drive the extra hour to their house, so they were there with us on Christmas morning! We hung out in our jammies (I sense a theme), ate our divine traditional breakfast (crab cakes, croissants, quiche, and fruit) and opened our stockings. G's mom came over in the afternoon to join us all for dinner (all the fixin's, including a birthday cake for Jesus) and all in all we had a spectacular day! Merry Christmas!

No comments: