Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Crazy Morning

Well, what a crazy morning! My friend and neighbor, April, had to take her son, Gibson, to Seattle for an unexpected Dr. visit, so she left her son, Grady, with me. Grady is only 2 weeks younger than Tiernan, and doesn't take a bottle. April and I both figured that if he got hungry enough, he'd just take it. Simple, right? NO! Poor thing was so upset that I tried two different nipples, a pacifier, multiple positions, and resorted to my own breast, which he took for about 2 seconds a few times. He'd latch on and then realize, "this isn't mine", pop off and continue to scream. Tiernan decided he was hungry during all of this as well, and started his own screaming, while Kealan decided that there wasn't nearly enough noise and joined in. Needless to say I was frazzled and I wasn't very successful at trying to feed two babies at once, so I called George at work. I have the sweetest husband in the world. He dropped everything and came home to help, only to find that both babies had passed out from screaming! He went back to work and they slept for about 45 minutes while Kea and I decompressed. Of course, they woke up at exactly the same time (how do they do that?). I only had to keep Grady happy (or should I say not insanely unhappy?) for a 1/2 hour until April got back. Both babies were very relieved to have their Mommies all to themselves as we immediately fed them while Kea and Gibson went crazy in the playroom!








Yesterday Kealan saw her Optometrist and showed off her favorite patch for him. It's a pink Monster truck, though she calls it her,"hot air pink truck". Her vision isn't getting any worse and it's not getting alot better, though it should as she wears her patch more. She's been wearing it for a few weeks about 2-3 hours a day, so we should see some improvement soon!















This last weekend George taught Kealan the card game "War". I use "taught" loosely, as Kea didn't really learn how to play, she just learned that the object was to get the other persons cards. Her strategy was simply to say to George, "Gimme all your cards."





Saturday night was a big night in our house - Tiernan slept in his crib all night for the first time. He has now moved out of our room and doing really well! On Friday we went to Jump Planet with friends and though Kealan LOVES to go to "Bouncy Places", she LOVES her CD Dog Train too. Oh, the dilemma! She announced as we pulled into the parking lot that she wasn't going inside, she was going to stay in the car and, "rock out, Mama!" Mama didn't let her, so she had to buck up and have a blast jumping with friends instead!

No comments: