Children's called on Monday to see if we were able to slide into an appointment made available by a cancellation for Wednesday night. Tiernan's original appointment was for Nov. 30th, and that was made several months ago! We jumped at it, and T and I set up camp for the night. Let's just say it didn't go as well as I had hoped! He was all smiles and charm (as usual) as he was getting hooked up: 10 electrodes on his head, 2 on his chest, 2 behind his ears, 2 on his cheeks, 2 on his jaw, 1 under his nose, 2 on his legs, 2 on his arms, a mic on his chin, 3 belts around his torso, and a monitor in his toe. He found all of this quite interesting, actually. That is, until he hit the sheet. Oh, the trauma! I wasn't able to pick him up, so I sat there and rubbed his tummy and talked to him. I was finally able to stop rubbing and rest my hand on him. Then we progressed to me leaning on his crib over him, not touching him, to sitting on the bed next to him, to standing by the door, and then sitting outside waiting for him to drift off. Well, usually this boy falls asleep around 8 pm and wakes at 8 am. Not this night! He dozed occasionally, but spent most of the night yanking off the wires, prompting the tech to come in and reattach them. All in all, I think we both got about 3 hours of broken sleep. Yippee! I just hope they got enough data, as we are NOT going in again any time soon!
Playtime with Kealan: For some reason, our daughter (who has a pretty decent grasp of pronunciation) has a difficult time with "One Hundred Acre Wood". It comes out instead as "One Hundred Naked Wood"!

My little Lawrence of Arabia
Here's "Nick" the morning after! It took a LOT of scrubbing to get the goo out.
No comments:
Post a Comment