We just got home from a visit to Disneyland, and we're all in withdrawal. It's one of our favorite places, and Kealan has been spending the last few days saying wistfully, "I want to go back to Disneyland." This was T's first trip out-of-utero, and K's 4th. How spoiled are they? It was also the first time travelling by plane with the 4 of us, and it went smoothly. This time we had a different mind-set - we weren't in a hurry for ANYONE, and it worked like a dream! K managed to amuse a few neighbors by declaring loudly, "I hope we don't crash!" It was a bit surreal, as we finally got a chance to see the place decorated for the holidays, and we were celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving - in our shorts! The weather was smurfy, and we couldn't have asked for more in that department. It was in the 80's almost every day! We revisited our favorite rides and shows (Tower of Terror, Fantasmic, Space Mountain, California Screamin', Splash Mountain, visits to the Characters, Minnie's House, Go Coaster, Autopia, Carousel, Mr. Toad, Mad Tea Party,...) as well as experienced some new ones like the holiday parade(where it snows on Main Street) and fireworks, Finding Nemo, and Toy Story. I'm going to have to send in a video to America's Funniest Home Videos featuring Wyatt (our friend Anna and her son, Wyatt joined us there again - it's becoming tradition!) While chillin' in our sweet parade-viewing spot on the curb, I asked the kids what we were waiting for on video. Wyatt shouted, "Beer!" Anna's expression was priceless! In that past, K's faves were Autopia and The Carousel (either one), though this time they have been replaced by the Mad Tea Party and Toy Story Mania. I think it's in the genes, because one of my faves is the Teacups, and my Dad was the MASTER-SPINNER! No one, and I mean NO ONE, could get it going like him! All she could scream through the whole ride was, "Even faster, Momma!"
The Happiest Place on Earth!
Waiting for the Princesses took it's toll on the two big kids.
Tug of War with Chip and Dale. (Now Kealan knows how to tell them apart)
Tug of War with Chip and Dale. (Now Kealan knows how to tell them apart)



Anna and Wyatt





No comments:
Post a Comment