Saturday, December 13, 2008

'Tis the Season for Idiots

The air quality has increased this past week in the Gardipee hale - Tiernan is now on oxygen at night while he sleeps for the next 4 months until his next sleep study. The first 3 nights of attempting to put it on him were miserable failures, as he would rip it off before it even touched his nose! On Monday night G found success (as pictured here).

These are K's old jammies, and yes, they're a little girlie. You can even see his two new teeth here!
T has added a new word to his repertoire: K is very into Star Wars (it must be hereditary), and we play with our Light Sabers often. (No, this is not a double entendre!) G's makes sound, and T has done a pretty decent job replicating it. In a low, gravelly voice he says, "Bwah". That, along with "Ya Ya" for "Kea", gets him to a whopping 5 words. I'm trying to patient in this area of development, as I recognize that my children are two different people. At this age, K was talking up a storm (and was understood!) and putting words together. Though she also had just started walking when she was this age, so things are definitely different!
I also wanted to post a warning to everyone. A guy made a very pathetic attempt to steal my purse (or something). It was almost laughable! I was loading my car at Costco last week, and I was parked in the back, in a little enclave with room for about 15 cars. Guy saunters up slowly and takes a peek in my cart. Now, I was already watching him because who walks slowly in a Costco parking lot? And not directly to a car? And without anything in their arms or a cart? I NEVER have my purse off of my person when about, so when he saw my purse wasn't there, he backed off but he was still about 2 yards from me. He just stood there, so I stopped what I was doing, crossed my arms and stared at him. I was just about to tell him to get away from me (I already had my pepper spray out with the safety off) when his buddy pulled up and he jumped in and took off. Had I been thinking, I would have gotten his license plate and called it in. I'm sure that they had succeeded with someone and I might have been able to help stop them or something. So be aware - there are idiots afoot!

Just a cute pic of T!

No comments: