Yay! I saw a robin this week! There may be snow on the ground, but spring is upon us. I mentioned in the last post that I noticed new buds on our trees, and we have some new buds within the house as well - my christmas cactus. Now, a little back-story: this cactus has been in my family for generations. Needless to say, it's hardy! Mine seems to be bi-polar, with the cycle being very drawn-out. It will go a few years without a bloom, and will all of a sudden bloom out in July while only producing a few in December. It has been a LONG time without a bud for mine, until a few weeks ago when about 10 peeked through. G and I were amazed at this and tried to think of what would cause it. I said that nothing was new or done differently, with the exception of my Mother-in-law dusting it during a visit a few weeks back. We almost fell out of our chairs when we realized that this must have been the factor - removing the thick coating of dust! Can you say shame?
Last week Kealan and Tiernan hosted a playdate with her friend from school, Elise and her little brother, Gavin. Gavin is only 1 month younger than T, so they had a great time. K is still talking about Elise's visit, which was fun-filled to say the least! It was cool getting to know Marion (their Mommy) better, and finding out the parallels between our families. Hopefully we won't wait so long for the next visit.

Kealan and Elise "sleeping" in a "sleeping bag" (a collapsed pop-up tent)
Kealan funnies from the week:
While attending a tea party hosted by Miss K, I mentioned that we were out of "tea" (no liquid this time, as T was participating as well). K simply stated, "Momma, you can't see it because it's fake."
I handed K her milk in a yellow cup and she said, delighted, "It's like a sun with milk in it!"

No comments:
Post a Comment