Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten!

I can't believe my Monkeypants is in kindergarten! As far as I can tell, she had a great time, though she never offers up any details. We're getting little bits and pieces of her school-life
here and there, but if you ask her any direct questions, it's always, "I don't know!" She had absolutely no anxiety the first day and took right off! (Not that I'm surprised by this at all!) After her first few days, we tackled riding the bus. She was excited, and I followed the bus to school to ensure that she made it to her class without incident. It has taken her several days to prove to me that she can get to her class. I still haven't let her go independently, but hopefully that will happen this week! Of course, she picked up a cold the first day because three days later - boom! She was kind enough to share with Tiernan and G, though so far I seem to have escaped it. (Knock on wood) 'Tis only the beginning!


Tiernan is going through a little phase himself. He has begun waking up very early again and we hope he'll pass through this like the last time. I'm sorry, but 5 or 5:30 is too early for this night owl. A few weeks ago he and I were coming down the stairs and he said, "Uh, oh. Dark!" Yeah, that's because it's pre-dawn, dude.
He also formed his first sentence a few weeks ago: He and G were playing with the ball bin and T became possessive of "his" collection of balls. "No no, Daddy. Don't touch balls!" He also had begun chanting, "Bee bee boo!" and I finally realized he was singing Bibbity Bobbity Boo, now one of his faves (much to my delight)!

No comments: