This weekend Tiernan moved into his Big Boy Bed and transitioned like a champ! He's been ready for a while, but we wanted to wait until G got his new job before taking the financial plunge. That's right, G started his new job today at Dendreon! He is a Manager of Lab Services and is preparing to hire his department. The major change is that he is now working downtown in the shadow of the Space Needle which is a huge adjustment from commuting 10 minutes from home. So far he is excited, which pleases me to no end!
T's new digs
The inspiration for his roomBecause we got such a great deal on furniture, we went nuts and got Kealan a new bed as well - bunks! She is thrilled and has almost been tolerable at rest-time due to the novelty!
We figured T was ready for a bed as this is often the scene in our hale:
Either he has fashioned a bed from the couch, pillows, couch cushions, or floor, he is always snuggling in a "bed". G and I move the two club chairs in the living room together on special occasions to make a "boat" (as it's called by my kids), and this even morphs into a bed!This past Friday held a day off school for K and the last day of "sabbatical" for G. The weather was beautiful so we headed to the zoo for a visit with our beloved animals.
K Funnies:
K was knocking her head on the front window the other day, and when I asked in a scolding tone, "Since when do you bang your head on the windows?" she replied, "Since 8:30."
She and I were playing with fairy figures and pretending they were dressing up in scary costumes to scare off the bad guys. I declared that my fairy was dressed as a ghost, while hers were dressed as a Yak, a Scary Lemon, and a Flying Shark.
I picked up a Lite Brite at a garage sale and this was K's first creation:
A family portrait. From left are G, K, T, and me. What started as the sun turned into the moon and stars so I didn't have to make two cats. That's their eyes glowing in the dark in the bottom left (lazy, huh?)

1 comment:
I love the rooms! Tiernan's room looks GREAT! The bed is perfect, what a big boy. Kinda makes me *almost* want to change Grady over. *Almost* but not quite.
"Since 8:30" that is SO totally a Kea thing to say! Cracks me up. She could get into stand up and be very successful.
Post a Comment