Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth!

We're back from Disneyland and already in withdrawal! Both kids are telling me that they want to be back there. Me too, kids. We just got back yesterday! We do feel a tad shorted on our experience this time: I came down with what we think is food poisoning 4 days in, so the last 2 days were shot for me. The silver lining is that I have a great story and T got his first unintentional theft out of the way. On the second day of my illness, I pushed it and went out for a few hours with the fam. I didn't make it too long before I had to head back to the hotel with T. It was the most agonizing walk of my life! I swung into the gift shop for some Advil and was literally on my knees moaning for the chatty cashier and her customer to hurry up as they small-talked away. When they finally wrapped it up, she looked at me shocked and asked if I was okay. "Nope, I'm sick and in a very big hurry," I replied while T is running around grabbing every piece of candy he can. Rather than argue with him, I slapped his lollipops on the counter and included them. Just as she was done, I grabbed the bag and raced out the door and thankfully there was a garbage can right there. I stuck my head in while someone walking past commented, "Oh, that'll ruin your day!" Meanwhile, T ran after me holding said stolen candy, and proceeded to bang it on the side of the garbage can while chanting, "Whatchoo doin', Momma?" Good Times!

When I wasn't sick, we were having a great time. We lost some major cred with K, as we pretty much forced her to ride some big kid rides that she was anxious about. In our defense, we thought she would love them! Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Star Tours got big thumbs down from her. On Star Tours, the woman asked if there were any questions after checking to make sure our seat belts were securely fastened. Kealan raised her hand and asked, "Are we really going into space?" She cried the entire time on Splash Mountain, and declared she was never going on it again. EVER. After looking at our picture going down the big drop, T seemed to love it - huge grin! The faves for T were definitely Dumbo and Small World (he's still singing the song OFTEN), and K was hooked on Teacups and Alice in Wonderland.

The hotel room was a new adventure as well - they have never shared a bed before. After the first night of being separated, they mildly annoyed one another. T wouldn't leave K alone at bedtime, and K woke T up every morning. "Hey, Tiernan. Wake up!" we would hear in a hushed, not-so-quiet voice. "What, Kea?" Tiernan would groan. "Go to sleep, Kea."

We learned on this trip that T is a little parade junkie. Every time it was passing by, he insisted that we stop and watch until the conclusion. In total, I think he saw it about 6 times! For one viewing we were able to score the VIP seats and see it front row. Both kids turned down the opportunity to dance in it! Are they mine?!

We were able to take in the fireworks every night, if not in the park, then from our hotel room. Tiernan didn't make it once. Each time he would be awake at 9:20 and we'd think he was going to see them, then at 9:21 it was lights out! Here he is in his designated firework-viewing seat.

Kealan loved the fireworks this time. She was truly a "color" commentator! Throughout the display, she would announce the color/type of firework it was. Examples: The big round ones are pizzas, the ones that shoot in a straight line are spaghetti, the ones that arc are waterfalls, etc. "Blue! Red! White! Pizza! Spaghetti! Pink! Rainbow! Waterfall!" You get it.

We even had a blast standing in the lines!


This was their "Mouse Hole" - a big star outside the hotel.

"Cheeeeeese!"

Headed into one of our faves, Toy Story Mania

Tiernan drove Autopia for the first time and proved to be a crazy driver. He would zig-zag us against the track and after particularly hard bumps would throw his head back and laugh like a maniac!

On Flik's Flyers in DCA
Jammin' on Goofy's piano

My two pumpkins!

Playing in Goofy's yard


Waiting patiently to meet some Princesses

T was very coy and flirted with Cinderella


K was able to tell Ariel that she dressed up as her for Halloween. (She told Princess Aurora the same thing last year)
T's absolute favorite is Woody and was able to meet him twice. This was the second time. The first time T wouldn't get near him. He's much bigger in real life! He actually walked up to Woody and said, "Howdy, Partner!"
T was a little more comfortable with the characters this time around, though still needed to be held when close to them!


A first for us - Pixie Hollow (it was there last time, though we chose to visit the Princesses three times instead). Kealan met Fawn, Tinkerbell and Terrence.

No comments: