Thursday, April 1, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!


Two days after returning from Disneyland, G and I took off to Vegas for a "vacation from the vacation". Thanks to my Mom, who bravely took on my children for 4 days after the medical debacle from last year. Though there weren't any trips to the ER this time, there was a cold and one puke. Poor Mom! Thanks, Mom, for making a much-needed and fun trip possible!

We stayed at Mandalay Bay again, though in a different tower called The Hotel which was FABU! We adored it and plan on going there again. We went to see Daniel Tosh (a comedian) and Love, the Beatles show by Cirque du Soliel. Both were great, and I cannot recommend Love enough. It was incredible, and it doesn't hurt that I was raised on the Beatles and have been a major fan my whole life. One day was spent at the spa for me and poker tournaments for G, and the rest was spent relaxing by the pool, gambling and enjoying choice food. The highlight came on our last night. We both have never walked away from Vegas winners, and I declared that if I did, I was going home with a great bag. We were both playing Let it Ride, and I was dealt 3 threes. Giddy that I had won (and a little tipsy, mind you), I didn't even notice that the dealer had turned two Jacks. G turned to me and said excitedly, "I got a full house!" I celebrated with him for a second and then realized that I had one as well! After a few hours at that table, I walked away with my $500 chip! As we were making our way back to our hotel, G pointed out a random slot and said, "Try that one". On the second pull I hit $100 and cashed out immediately! We didn't have time to get my bag, but I'm doing my homework on that now!

No comments: