The next night G and I went to see Muse at Key Arena. We bought the tickets several months ago, and I persuaded G to join me. It wasn't that difficult because Silver Sun Pickups was the opening act and he loves them. Both bands were great, and Muse lived up to their reputation as "The Greatest Live Band". The lead singer of SSP warned us that the show would "melt our minds". G and I chalked it up to hype. We were no longer skeptics after the first 4 songs! G turned to me and yelled, "Now that's how you start a rock-n-roll show!" Lasers, 6 cube video screens that raised and lowered on which the band stood, 3 skyscrapers, smoke machines, far too many lights to count, huge balloons painted like eyeballs with confetti inside, a grand piano with lights corresponding to the notes, and a sold-out Key Arena filled with ravenous fans - my brain did melt a little and leak out my ear! It was RAD!
The following day held our 3rd Annual Thomas Hill Easter Egg Hunt put on by my friend, April and I. We had a few more participants this year, and we hid over 400 eggs! This was T's first year as he was newly-diagnosed with Neutrapenia last Easter and had to stay inside. Needless to say, he caught on quickly! Kealan was true-to-Pinkalicious-form and sought out most of the pink eggs.
As we were putting on our shoes to walk to the bus stop: "Did you realize that Tiernan and my left feet are on the same side?"
T Funny:
Kealan was declaring one of her rules, this one being, "Cops are men and Police are women." I replied, "Honey, they're the same thing. I'm a woman and I can be a Cop." To which Tiernan exclaimed, "You're not a woman! You're a Momma!" Luckily he followed it up with a hug!
No comments:
Post a Comment