Saturday, April 10, 2010

Poor Mr. Woo

Lewis (aka Mr. Woo) has had a very difficult 2 months. In February, he had a not-so-fresh bum and I clipped a matte out (as always). Apparently I got WAY too close and clipped him. Afraid that there would be an infection or that he would be in pain, I took him to the vet only to find that I cut him right where his penis comes out. I basically circumcised him! That bought him 3 days in the cat clinic and bought me the worst Mommy-guilt ever! He recovered fully but had a major setback while we were gone on vacation. Apparently this was the time we were away that sent him over the edge. You see, Lewis is a very anxious cat with good reason. A little backstory: When he was about 6 months old, he fell through the screen of one of our second story windows. In actuality, it was 3 stories up due to the slope of our yard. He was trapped outside at night for a few hours and has been our scaredy-cat ever since. If you walk a certain way, or make a certain noise around him, he flips out. Though generally, he's a pretty easy-going, happy kitty who has a constant purr. In fact, Happy is his middle name! This time his routine was so screwed up that he developed a bladder condition that required a middle-of-the-night trip to the emergency hospital, and two vet visits all in 4 days. All is well after some antibiotics, a morphine patch that releases a steady dose for 10 days, and Kitty Prozac! In the future, before we leave for a vacation we'll have to put him on the anti-anxiety as a preventative measure or it will happen again. Poor thing! Needless to say, he's been getting a lot of extra TLC around the Gardipee Hale.


Turner and Lewis

No comments: