Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happy Father's Day!


We had a very casual Daddy's Day here at the Gardipee Hale. We hung out, G watched the Open and had Chinese (G's pick) for dinner with Cold Stone ice cream cake for dessert (tradition). Just what he wanted! Happy Father's Day to the best Daddy I could ask for for my monkeys and thank you so very much for bestowing the role of Momma on me! Unfortunately, my dad was on the road back from Ohio, avoiding a tornado in Montana. We'll celebrate with him when they get back into town.

The day before held a date for Grandma and Kealan to The Everett Children's Museum (K's pick) and a date for Tiernan and I to his first trip to the movie theater for Toy Story 3! He ate his weight in popcorn and loved the story - especially Woody. No surprise there! Another "first" of the weekend was T's first pedicure. I was doing K's fingers and toes in her usual 20 colors, and T chose a bright blue for his toes. I do say, they look fetching!

Monday was Kealan's last day of Kindergarten. I can't believe my babies are in 1st grade and Preschool! G brought home some beautiful pink roses for her. Perfect for a princess!





K Funny: After deciding what he wanted for Father's Day dinner, G said, "You know what I want?" to which Kealan immediately replied, "A beer!"
T Funnies:
- Upon meeting a new dog at the bus stop, T said, "Hi, Libby! (wave) I'm Tiernan (points to himself) and this is my sister, Kea (points to Kealan)."
- At the grocery store, he spied a rainbow balloon. "Look, Momma! A Rainbow! It's happy!"
G Funny: I told G that I needed to clean the minivan and put a Depeche Mode sticker on it and the sticker I bought in Forks that says, "My heart belongs to my husband, but my neck belongs to Edward Cullen". He responded, "Everyone will think a 14 year old girl from 1985 is driving."

No comments: