Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sleep Study (Third Time's a Charm)

T had his third (and hopefully final) sleep study this past week. He's such a pro now - he walks around like he owns the joint! After hooking him up to MANY leads, he turned around and said, "How do I look?" while trying to wink. Too funny! This was the first study for him in a bed, and it took him a little longer to fall asleep than last time, but once he did, he was golden. This was also the first time they didn't have to turn on the O2, so I'm cautiously optimistic that he's outgrowing the sleep apnea. We have the follow-up appointment for the results at the end of June. Needless to say, I'm praying for some positive news! We also found out why he's been taking an afternoon nap for the past 2 weeks - he grew an inch in a month! He's now 41 pounds and just shy of 42 inches. My Proverbial Weed!

As Kealan's school is wrapping up the year, they're throwing in some fun theme days. This past week held Crazy Hair Day. I had some insane ideas, though K came up with her favorite:


Last Saturday was Date Night for G and I and we took in our first Rat City Rollergirl Bout. We started a little late in the season, as it was the Championship. So. Much. Fun. I have found something I can really get into! I've always liked watching Roller Derby, but never even once considered that it is something I could possibly do. I'm taking to the rink to see if skating is a skill I still possess, then I'll prep for trying out for Jet City Rollergirls. I have my Derby name and my husband behind me, so hopefully I'll be off to derby camp and training!
We celebrated Wyatt's birthday (Randy and Anna's son) this week too. A fun party at the park with hot dogs and s'mores awaited us - along with the torrential rain! No matter. The kids had a rad time on the playground, only coming under shelter for sustenance, cake and gifts. They were literally dripping with water and (figuratively) joy! Too bad I didn't bring my camera!
K Funny: At dinner, G stated that, "I made some positive impressions today." Kea jumped on it, "You mean like this? 'I'm a dog.' "
T Funny: After being told by G on Monday night that when he woke up in the morning his buds Grady and Gibson would come over (I was babysitting), he spent the first hour in bed calling out, "I woke up! Grady and Gibson can come over!"

No comments: