
This weekend was Kealan's 6th Birthday Mermaid Party. She often chooses the theme for the following year immediately after her party. Last year after the Princess Party was said and done, her little brain was already working on the mermaid theme. This year was the collision of three dimensions of Kea Land: friends from Pre-K, friends from Kindergarten, and friends from life. I think everyone had a great time. It was also a change for us as it was not our usual kid/adult party, but very focused on the kids.

Bubbles and seaweed were plentiful!



The rowdy party goers

The gift-opening crush

This was the first year with a pinata that she was aware of the newfangled ribbon-pull. I'm not a huge fan, as I find that I am a pinata purist. I wanna beat the thing. But nooooooooo. She wants to keep it pretty so she can keep it in her room. (I have to admit there are up-sides to the ribbons, however.)


K and 2 of the G Boys (Grady and Gibson)

K and the Lillies (Bergen, Mara and Trynne)

K, T and the B Boys (Brent and Blake)

K, Gavin, Elise, and T

Kira making K crack up

After the party she finally was allowed to remove the doll from her cake. Ariel resembles a turkey leg!
K Funnies:
- "Mom! Let's play 'Habitat'!" Only my kid would say that instead of "zoo".
- After visiting Kea's school, she and T took off running in the grass. I tried to coral them back into the car until K reasoned, "Mom! Let us burn off some stink!"
- K announced that they were playing Momma Cat and Baby Kitten. To do this, one of them has to lay on their side while the other sucks on the first's belly.
T Funny:
-After demonstrating to them how to crack an egg one-handed, T was awe-struck, exclaiming, "Wow, Momma! That's AMAZING! How did you DO that?!" An ego-boost, I admit.
No comments:
Post a Comment