Tuesday, April 12, 2011

George's Birthday

April's Date Night was dedicated to celebrating G's birthday at El Gaucho. Can you say "nummers"? Holey moley, it was so good! We always try to leave a tiny bit of room for their Banana's Foster (divine), but after a little mix up, they prepared Cherrie's Jubilee instead. Now, these desserts are made for two, and we had both the CB and BF. I only had a few bites of each and it killed me because of the waste. G, however, took full advantage and was miserable the rest of the night! On his actual birthday, the kids spoiled him rotten. We blew up every balloon in the house and K created her usual birthday sign. They gave him Eddie Bauer slippers, made many cards, and showered him with love!


This weekend was also the weekend that I introduced G to a love from my youth - Xanadu. Yes, that roller-skating, disco, Olivia Newton-John bomb that I adore. What's not to love about ribbon barrettes, braided headbands, and legwarmers? Before the opening credits there is a cutting-edge-for-the-70s scene in which a mural depicting the 7 Muses in various disco garb comes to life. G's comment? "Whoa, Nelly. We're in for somethin' special." The next night I made him watch Grease with me. I'm lucky he didn't leave me right then and there. My comment? "I'm so glad you love me." While watching the end and expressing my thoughts aloud that I always felt it was a craptastic ending, I said, "That has always bothered me - them flying off in the car." G replied, "That's what bothers you about this movie?!"


T Funny: "You know who's my Best Friend, Momma? Grady. He hugs me every time I go over to his house."


K Funny: We had some left-over Valentine Conversation Heart Candy that the kids ate as a treat. I called them "Sweethearts" and K corrected me. "I call them Bossyhearts because they say bossy things." After looking at them, she's right! Be Mine. Call Me. Do The Dishes. OK - the last one was mine.

Pics of K in the bath that I thought were cute!


No comments: