Monday, April 25, 2011

He Is Risen!

Our Easter Celebration kicked off with our neighborhood's 4th Annual Easter Egg Hunt that April and I put on. The kids love it and have a ball, and April and I really enjoy having a hunt that isn't a madhouse with 3,000 people!





T, K, and the G Boys checking out their booty




Best Buds - T and Grady


For Easter we had our first celebration at Mom and Dad's house. So much fun, because not only did we celebrate Easter, but G and my anniversary, Mom's birthday, Dad's birthday, Trynne's birthday, and G's birthday! It had been waaaaaaay too long since I hung out with my sis and her fam, so I loved every minute.

G and Jeff having some QT on the deck


The girls and their fancy drinks


T and his fancy drink


Every year I make the traditional Lamb Cake. My grandmother and mother did it before me, and let me tell you, they did it better! Last year Kealan declared it a Puppy Cake because it truly did look like a puppy. I've been decorating it since high school and I think I've lost my touch. I used to get really creative and a little twisted. It all started the year my mother placed a few black jelly beans next to the lamb's butt in an inappropriate joke. I took it from there. The following year I actually constructed a large intestine and inserted black jelly beans in the cake. The next year the cake was filled with raspberry jam to ooze out upon slicing. I think I'll start it up again - I have some great new ideas! I'm so thankful every year that there is someone who always calls 'dibs' on the head. This year Jeff had the honors:

He Is Risen! He Is Risen Indeed!

T Funny: The Easter Bunny brought cool new scooters for the kids and T declared, "I can go super-fast on my scooter. Hey, Kea! Can you give me a super-fast push?"


K Funny: While discussing dinner one night (the kids were eating Mickey Mouse Chicken Nuggets, or "Mickey Nuggets" as we call them), I got the feeling that K thought they were made out of Mickey Mouse, not chicken (she's always been very reluctant to eat them). After a few questions it turned out that she believes Mickey makes them in Disneyland. Phew!

No comments: