Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rainy and Cold Spring Break Fun

What a pathetic Spring Break we had weather-wise! Snow, hail, wind, rain = yuck! All of the rad outdoor plans I had made for the kids went down the drain, so we made rad indoor plans instead. Day One held a trip to their beloved Jump Planet. This is the first time since T was a baby that they were able to go together and they reveled in it! As you can see from the following pics:
Day Two's agenda consisted of...nothing! Kealan specifically requested a stay-at-home-in-jammies-day and I was more than happy to oblige! Day Three was a much-anticipated visit with O'ma and Pumbaa at their house on Camano, though Kealan was a tad crest-fallen when the weather denied her a trip to her favorite park nearby. Several bouts of Old Maid cheered her up! Tiernan is doing very well with learning the nuances of game-playing, and after discovering that my Dad had taken the match to a card he just drew from me, he stated sternly, "Pumbaa took the matching card to this one. Hand it over, Pumbaa!" Day Four was designated for a trip to the Everett Children's Museum, a destination that consistently draws shrieks of joy from my Monkeys. This was the first time I brought lunch for them so we could stay as long as we wanted. And that we did - almost 5 hours! I don't know about the kids, but let me tell you, I had my fill. It also marks the first time T has been "lost". He simply took off around a corner and when I got there he was gone. Several minutes later I found him on the other side, sobbing. I think it made an impact on him and we'll just have to wait and see if he does it again.
Cheeeeeeeese!



Day Five was dedicated to the first day of our street's Spring Garage Sale, so they got another jammie day. By the end of the week, I was more exhausted than I have been in a very long time. This picture of K at the end of Day Five says it all:
passed out on her floor, with all of her lights and music on!

No comments: