Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ballerina with Missing Teeth

Kealan lost her 4th tooth and now I have that big gap smile I've been craving! Once again, it was hanging by the literal thread, but it was completely up to her when it came out. She had been spending the past few weeks brushing it really well to shine it up so the Tooth Fairy could use it as her mirror. Lo and behold, she left K a note saying that it was indeed so shiny, she would be using it as a mirror!

Kealan also started ballet class this week and whoa, is she psyched! She adores the fact that she has to wear a pink leotard and pink ballet slippers. I stood there with tears in my eyes, watching her grin from ear to ear spinning with her teacher. If you had told me 6 years and 11 months ago that my little baby lying in the Special Care Nursery would be able to spin in ballet class, I don't know if I would have believed you. But there she was. My welling tears overflowed and turned into true crying when I watched her jump rope for the first time. The other parents must have thought I was insane. The teacher was having trouble getting Kea's timing right, but when she turned K toward her so she could see where the rope was, she was off! I clapped my hands and cried as Tiernan and I watched from the other side of the window. When the door opened and she stepped out, T rushed into her and gave her a big hug, yelling, "Sissy! I'm so proud of you!" Another mom started tearing up, saying, "That's gonna make me cry!"

T also went to class this week - Cooking Class at his school. He is learning how to measure and bake (which he loves) and he even gets to eat what he makes. Needless to say, he's having a blast!

T Funnies:
- His top 2 reasons he misses the toilet: 1. "My penis didn't know where to aim." 2. "My penis esploded!" (sic)
- T playing with the doll house and introducing me to the figures: "Momma, this is Baby-Mommy, Daddy-Mommy, Mommy-Mommy, Sissy-Mommy, and Brother-Mommy."


My little pin-up boy got his underwear on backwards!

No comments: