
Good Lord - how has it been 20 years?! I went to this, my first reunion, with Gretchen, one of my best friends in HS (G wasn't even going to his own reunion, so why on earth would he go to mine?). I have to be honest - I was fully expecting to walk into the place feeling as I do every day: a grown woman (though still 18 on the inside), mommy to two wonderful kids, and wife to awesome G. I was
not expecting to time warp back in some ways: getting nervous around particular people, and with some friends, catching up like it had been only a few years. What it most definitely was was a blast, as I spent a full 9 hours with these people and left wanting more!

Amy Jo and me

Gretch, Sally, Cam, Holly, and me

Gretch, me, Holly, and Ilija
The following day was the family picnic, and I was planning on prodding G to go with us. I realized that he would truly be miserable, so I let him off the hook. Once again, we opened and closed it down wanting more!

Now, G's reunion was last night, and as mentioned above, he has rejected the thought of it from the start. After talking with me about how much fun I had and having his friends give him a hard time for not planning on going, he started getting the
slight inkling to go. Then something happened yesterday to solidify it. He was pumping his gas and the total was $91.91. He actually laughed out loud looking at the pump and his decision was made. He had a great time (a big "I Told You So" from me)!
No comments:
Post a Comment