Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! We started the celebrations in the Gardipee Hale ("house" in Hawaiian) by dressing Kealan's toenails in festive colors. Her choice was bright purple on one foot, bright green on the other - my favorite! Without any prompting from me, I might add (she didn't even know that I had the colors!).


We spent the evening at our friends' house, Jenny and Greg and their daughter Kira, or the "Wangdizabals" as we refer to them. The craziness started at 4 pm and wrapped up around 8 pm when the kids ring in the new year (what do they know?) and the melt-downs began. Ah, long gone are the New Year's celebrations that last way into the wee hours and are lovingly remembered with hang-overs the next day! Well, except for G of course, who had an automatic designated driver in his breast-feeding spouse, and who is a very cheap date since we had kids! He wasn't feeling so hot in the new year. The kids were thrilled with their noisemakers, cupcakes, and sweet-potato fries - oh my! We adults were even treated to a little parade around and around the kitchen in a circle from the kids. Even after they had spent at least half an hour chasing each other around said circle. Good times!

Kira looking very coy

Tiernan is a master at the razz-berry and was showing off.

Kealan and Wyatt makin' some noise in the New Year!

Look at those rosy cheeks!

G snapped this pic after we pulled into the garage. Kealan is swearing she's not tired (doesn't she look reading to party?) and Mr. T is out for the count!

For those of you who haven't spoken to Kealan in the last 2 weeks, she had renamed all of us after her new favorite show, Max and Ruby, of which I am not a fan. G is Louise, I am Ruby, Mr. T is Baby Huffington, and she is Max. While we were un-decorating our tree and G was taking off the lights, he accidentally hit Kea in the face with the string. Her response was, "You shouldn't bonk lights into people's faces, Louise. That's not a good decision." I was laughing so hard, though I managed to write it down verbatim so I could write it here!

Tiernan outgrew his baby bath quite a while ago, so I finally broke down and got him a seat (we never needed one with Kea!). His first big-boy bath with a very helpful Sissy.

Happy New Year, from Ruby, Louise, Baby Huffington and Max!

1 comment:

April said...

Love the mohawk! It's so adorable!

We have that same bath seat. We used it with Gibson too. It's the best!