Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mr. T's 1st Helmet Appointment

Yesterday was T's first appointment for his helmet, where they measured his head with lasers("laser beans", according to Kea) - very cool and super-fast! I took these pics with my phone (I forgot my camera). The Dr. said he expects it to take about 5 months after looking at his head, his size, and expected growth. The Anterior (front) symmetry is 91.5% (ideally you want 100%), the Posterior (back) is 76%, and overall is 84%. That means they'll let the front right fill out a little and the back left fill out alot. T was such a great patient, even though he had a cold!

They put on this cap so they get a true measurement of the head. I took a better pic but I must have deleted it by accident!



This is the laser scanner



This is a print out of the top of his head so those of you who don't see him often can see what we do!

No comments: