Monday, April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, G!

Friday was George's birthday, and per tradition, he took the day off of work and went golfing with his buds. The day was beautiful, and he actually came home with a sunburn. Due to his awesome Native American skin, he was brown the next day! We had Pen Thai takeout for dinner (I crave it) and Coldstone ice cream cake for dessert - Yummy! The kids donned their "Daddy Shirts" and Kealan was so happy that the day had finally arrived. Not only could she sing "Happy Birthday" to Daddy, but she could stop "checking on the cake" in the freezer to make sure it didn't melt. This was of great concern to her! Happy birthday, Babe - I love you!

Daddy Shirts


Sunday held a visit to Malissa, Bryce, and their son, Brock. This was our 3rd attempt, as our legendary Winter O' Illness was a major obstacle the first 2 times. What a good time! Malissa commented that even though it's been a year since we've gotten together, we pick up right where we left off. So true - G and I are trying to not have so much time pass between visits with friends, so we have a list that we are now starting to tackle! We finally got to see their new digs (awesome), eat some great food, and share some fine company! The kids had a blast playing on their big play structure and shooting off Nerf Rockets, which K has fallen in love with!
I have to tell you about these two balloons in my house that have defied the laws of helium-filled latex balloons as far as I know. We received them at Chloe's birthday party (mentioned in a previous post) on March 30. Today they are still flying high. Now, I worked in toy stores all of my teenaged life, and there was a product called Hi-Float that you could squirt into a latex balloon to make it last 3 days instead of 1. I've never seen a balloon last this long - over 2 weeks! I must find out what Tamara (Chloe's mom) did!

One of the amazing balloons today.

No comments: