Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Earth Day!

I can't believe it! When our house was being built, G had it wired for surround sound before the drywall was up. He drew a "treasure map" of where the wires were so we could find them easily when we got the equipment. Well, time came to wire it a few years later, and the map was no where to be found. We searched everywhere. G was convinced that since it was on the back of a floor plan of the house, I had mistakenly threw it away. Well, cut to last night - we dropped G's car, Christine (yes, the evil car from Stephen King. She tries to hurt me all of the time) to get serviced and he decided that he needed to go through all of the paperwork that was piled in the glove compartment. I get a very excited call this morning from him saying that he found it! I figure that he tucked it in the glove compartment for safe-keeping on the way home that night and never got it out, since I had never laid eyes on the thing. That was 7 years ago! I'm super-excited, because now we can set up the system that we've had for over 3 years!

Kealan had her Optometrist appointment today and we got some good news. Her glasses are doing a very good job of keeping her left eye from wandering, though when she takes them off it happens, and the patching is working as well as her vision in her left eye is improving. This is all to avoid surgery in the future to remedy her Strabismus. I will do anything to avoid surgery!

I'm so proud of both of my kids! Mr. T gave his first unprompted wave on Sunday and I was fortunate enough to catch it on video. And Little Miss K actually read 3 words today - "cake", "pig", and "yellow". Now, she has an extremely good memory, so when she "reads" her books, I chalk it up to her memorizing the formation of the words. Though today she took a brand new book, said, "C, A, K, E, cake", "P,I,G, pig" and "Y,E,L,L,O,W, yellow". She is still probably simply recognizing the words, but that is a building block of reading and I was impressed. She's really into reading and spelling at the moment, and her favorite show, Word World, really feeds that. She spends a lot of time in front of the fridge spelling words with her magnet letters. This is an activity I can really get behind!

No comments: