Thursday, June 26, 2008

I've Got The Fever, And The Only Prescription Is More Ms. Pac Man!



I've been terribly neglectful of my poor blog! We've been super-busy and I simply haven't had a chance to sit at the computer, so rather than wait until after Tiernan's 1st birthday, I figured I'd do it now. That's right, Tiernan is turning 1 on Saturday. HOLY MOLY! My baby's growing up (sob)! I truly understand now when people say how fast the time goes. I'm guessing that with each subsequent child, time moves at a faster pace. Anyway, let's see what's been going on...


Kealan had her last day of preschool, and it was apparently the best one yet - bouncy toys! She still can't stop talking about it. George and I also introduced her to video games. She has never played one and we broke her in right - Ms. Pac Man! My ultimate fav on our little joystick system that you simply plug into the TV. Very hi-tech, but that's how we roll here at the Gardipee Hale! We're very glad that she' s not learning the way we did, with our precious allowance, because her favorite part is to sit there and let the ghosts eat her up. She woke up in the morning begging for more Pac Man. Pac Man Fever! She also experienced that rite of passage, the first self-haircut. Luckily she didn't get much, as I was right there and she saw the look on my face and panicked. Now, just after a bath, she's sporting the "spike" part that so many boys had in the early 80's. It could have been MUCH worse! I also broke down and dressed her in her beloved tie-dye jammies for the last time, as she grew out of them a while ago. I put T in them a few days later, and they fit pretty well! I was privy to a little insight into Kealanland a few days ago: I wasn't thinking and grabbed a pair of panties for her to wear without letting her pick them out. After she put them on, she was upset that she hadn't chosen them, and asked to take them off to choose her panties for the day. Not wanting to begin the day with a meltdown, I said, "of course", and she removed them, returned them to the drawer, closed it, opened it, took out the very same pair, and put them on! Oy Vey!


Tiernan is still teething like a madman. I never knew a human body could produce such copious amounts of drool! His 5th tooth (upper right) finally broke through, and 3 more are on the way. He's also perfecting the use of 2 words - "Dada" and "Uh-oh". We finally got our first sign from him as well - "all done". Today was his 1 year well-baby Doctor appointment, and we got good news and bad news. The bad news is that he hasn't gained an ounce in 3 months, though Dr. Joe thinks it's most likely that he's compensating for his enormous growth the first 6 months. We're switching a few things around in his eating schedule to see if it makes a difference. He's 32 inches long and 23 lbs, 3 oz. The other bad news is that we're headed to Children's Hospital again, this time to see and ear, nose, and throat Doc. T has snored since birth, and it's just gotten worse, along with periods of apnea, where he'll hold his breath for a little too long. That coupled with the fact that he's been sick for literally 7 months led Dr. Joe to order an assessment that might lead to a tonsillectomy. I don't even want to think about my baby having surgery, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Other than that, he's doing great! Crawling at an amazing speed, cruising the furniture just as fast, and chatting up a storm.

This is T's new fav hang out - the end table!

And, of course, we had a Happy Father's Day! I made G a breakfast of Bacon Maple Bar Sandwiches, Claim Jumper for dinner and spent all day just hanging out. It was great! I am very blessed to have the best Daddy in the world, and to have the best Daddy for my kids in the world!

No comments: