Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Beautiful Boy!

Yesterday Tiernan turned the big 1 and we had such a fun day! Of course we had the bug party with all of our friends, and it seemed to be a fun time for everyone. The weather was gorgeous (a little too warm for my liking, but with what we've had lately, I'll take it)! The kids played in the yard and made bug houses while the adults did their thing. After a little lunch we dug into the bug cake o' cupcakes, and Mr. T had his first taste of sugar. He didn't seem too impressed, as he kept scraping the cake off of his tongue with his fingers when I fed it to him, though he did let me get in a few clumps of frosting which he left in there. After dinner that night, he got another taste and was a little more interested, as you can see:

The Bug Cake (those are dirt cupcakes on the sides, with chocolate cake, chocolate frosting, gummi worms and crushed Oreos)

Kealan modeling the butterfly net as a hat

It was so hot in the evening that we just hung out on the deck in the shade while K played in the ice water in the coolers left over from the party. Her hands became sooooooooo cold, that I gave her a bowl of room temp water to play in and warm them up. Both kids had such a blast splashing around in it that I ended up refilling it several times and they were both drenched! I considered for a moment filling up the pool , and figured that they were having so much fun in the bowl, why would I?

We had such a great day, and I hope our friends did as well. Thank you everyone, for celebrating Tiernan's first year with us! And Happy Birthday to Gibson, who shares a birthday with T and turned 3! Oh, the time goes so quickly!

Happy Birthday, My Beautiful Boy. I love you!

No comments: