Monday, September 29, 2008

I Wanna Be a Daddy

The other night as I was combing Kealan's hair after a bath, she asked me if you had to be a boy to be a daddy. After I replied yes, she declared, "I wanna be a Daddy when I grow up." What a testament to the kind of father George is! That same night, I was clipping her ever-growing fingernails and I noticed a lot of hangnails. I wondered aloud, "Where did all of these hangnails come from?". K quickly answered, "I don't know, Momma. Maybe Alaska?"

This last week held a cold for Tiernan and me - nothing serious. 'Tis only the beginning! I just pray that this winter and spring isn't as bad as the last! We also started MOPS this past Friday, which is always fun. And it seems so much easier since K is in school when we meet, and I only have T with me. T did a great job in the 1 year-old room and even brought home a little art project - his first one! He adores coloring. Before I picked him up, I peeked in the room and there he was, sitting in a little chair, coloring at the table! Where did my baby go? We got outside as much as we could this weekend to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weather, and also got to celebrate Brent's (Chuck and Nicole's son) 3rd birthday at a doughnut party. So very fun, with their new playset (crazy huge) and as always, the awesome playroom! It was also a monumental day for T with his very first haircut! He was sporting a wicked mullet, so it was overdue. Now he looks like a little boy - again,where did my baby go? Some cute pics from this weekend at the park:


I scared Kealan and got this reaction

Before the haircut...
and after. (I really should've gotten a pic of the back and the mullet!)Check out the cheesy smile!

Today while K was in school, T had his 15 month Doc appointment. I am amazed by the rate at which he is growing. To quote Dr. Joe, "Wow,... oh, wow". Six weeks ago he was 33 1/4 inches and 24 lbs. 15 oz. Today he is 34 3/4 inches (off the charts) and 26 lbs. 7.5 oz. (75%). There was a newborn in the waiting room who wasn't very pleased and was fussy. T simply stood about 2 feet away looking very concerned. He is proving to be a pretty sympathetic kid, as he is always very concerned when anyone is upset, big or small.

No comments: