On Tuesday the 30th, we headed to the Edmond's Waterfront for what was promising to be the last decent day for a while. It was sublime! There were so many sightings to keep us intrigued all morning: the ferries (of course), an albatross attempting to swallow a starfish much too big for it's throat(it managed to get 3 of 5 arms down at once with 2 still hanging out), another bird trying to steal said starfish, and 4 scuba divers!
I think they were a little baffled that we wanted their picture!
The Artist at work
Kealan's "Jellyfish"
Tiernan's new passion - drawing and coloring.
His masterpiece
Kealan is a great supervisor - she directed my drawing of a Mommy and Baby Jellyfish (complete with smiling faces). G and I often refer to her as "Chihuly".
My Fave Tree - isn't it dramatic?
Kealan's "Jellyfish"
Tiernan's new passion - drawing and coloring.
His masterpiece
Kealan is a great supervisor - she directed my drawing of a Mommy and Baby Jellyfish (complete with smiling faces). G and I often refer to her as "Chihuly".
My Fave Tree - isn't it dramatic?

We discovered two new teeth in T's mouth on Wednesday, numbers 9 and 10. They're both upper first molars. On Saturday a few neighbors and I held garage sales and the rain attempted to make it miserable. It didn't succeed, however it did prompt us to pack up a little early! That night us neighbor girls had, as we call it in the Gardipee Hale, "Girls' Club" and went out to dinner for Lisa's Birthday. So yummy - I absolutely stuffed myself! Sunday K and I (G and T stayed home to fruitlessly cheer our Hawks on) made the annual visit to Salmon Days in Issaquah - my favorite festival. It's just the right size, not too big, not too small, just right. Just call me Goldilocks! The fun stuff they have for kids is great too. We had a blast, and K actually learned about the salmon this time. Before I think it just went in one ear and out the other. But really, can you blame her? It's awfully depressing to hear of the plight of the salmon for the first time. You mean they work that hard to just lay their eggs and die? So is the Circle of Life!
Striking a pose on the salmon sculpture
No comments:
Post a Comment