Monday, October 20, 2008

Destination: Barack Obama, Falafel City, and Tom Bergeron!

Playing dress-up with Lady Bug Antennae (K put them on all by herself!)
T isn't pleased with this look.

How the time flies! I have some catching up to do! One thing I'm not very excited about - the cooler weather. For the first time in months my car "bonged" and informed me the temperature was below 40 degrees. 'Twas also the day that I turned on my seat heater for the first time in months! Since I posted last, we've had some fun stuff going on. Last weekend G and I were able to go on a date, as April and Gregg watched the kiddos. Dinner at McGrath's (yummy, but way too fast - they were very late on our order, leaving us only 10 minutes to eat before we were out the door to...) and a movie (Body of Lies - good and stressful!) We had a great time, and the kids seem to fare very well with our little set-up. T was a fussier than usual, leaving us to ponder whether it was due to teething or a cold coming on. Jackpot! Two new teeth the next day, numbers 11 and 12, and a cold two days later. Woo Hoo! My nephew, Bergen's birthday party was Saturday, and though it was an Indiana Jones theme, according to K it was all about pirates. She simply couldn't get enough of the treasure and bug/snake decorations!

I have been soaking up the blossoming relationship betwixt Budster and Sissy. So often they are playing beautifully together, and giving one another "loves". Occasionally there is a rift, and all is forgotten within a minute. I am aware that this will not last forever, so I am bathing in it! T is perfecting the art of being a little brother: pulling K's hair, taking off her glasses, pulling on her shirt, snatching her snack/juice. All to her delight, mind you! Her latest nickname for T is "Mr. Handsome Tosha". We've tried to nail down exactly what "Tosha" means, to no avail. Kea simply states, "It means Mr. Handsome Tosha". Duh! I adore watching the two as they locate each other after preschool. I tell T to "look for Kea, find Sissy" and he studies every kid with a furrowed brow. As soon as he sees her, his face lights up, he giggles like a madman and flaps his arms like a bird. Kea's face mirrors his as she waves wildly. I made the comment a few days ago that T was having a tough time breathing due to his cold. K patted him on the head and whispered to him, "That's alright. I'll breathe for you, Budster." However sweet most of their moments are, there is still evidence that they are typical siblings. Last night T was throwing a "tantrum" (more on that in a moment) and Kea said dryly, "Cry me a river" (echoing G's oft-said line).
Tiernan has begun throwing "tantrums" the last few weeks. I use quotes because they're very mild, and I hope they stay that way! He has yet to realize that tantrums don't work in this household, and that they just cause G and I to laugh our butts off! He throws down whatever he's holding, falls to the floor, and rolls around. It's so funny, it evokes memories of Madonna at the MTV Video Music Awards in '84!


Now the explanation of the title of this post. I was overhearing Kealan through the monitor during her rest time, and she was playing with her toys. Apparently, they had to go rescue Pablo (a Backyardigans character) in Barack Obama. To make sure that I heard her accurately, I asked her at dinner where her toys were going. Yes, I heard her correctly, and not only were they going to Barack Obama, but also Falafel City. That one comes from a song G and I sing a lot from Saturday Night Live - Tom Brady's Falafel City. A few days later I discovered that Tom Bergeron(the host of America's Funniest Home Videos) is also a location. My Little One is a beautiful sponge!
Some cute pics from the past week (most are of T - I seemed to never have the camera with both of them).

Mr. Handsome Tosha in shades - Yes, that's a drop of drool on his chin!
The finished product
Playing Peek-a-Boo from within the castle.
This one is old, hence the shorts. He loves caring for the babies in the house.

No comments: