
"Ta Da! I put it back on, Daddy!"



Kealan has created her own little Halloween face for herself. I picked her up from Preschool on Wednesday to this:
She apparently BIFFED it big-time in a bouncy house, and not only mangled her glasses, but her face as well! I arrived to a little girl covered in blood, a nose three times it's normal size, a fat, split lip, and multiple cuts in and around her nose and mouth. As I expected, the pic doesn't show much of it at all! I kept asking her all afternoon if it hurt, and my tough cookie claims it doesn't. You go, Monkeypants! Now next time, take off the glasses!
Last night I scratched the funky haircolor itch. April and my neighbor, Beth came over, and over a bottle of wine, Beth went eggplant and I went blood red (courtesy of April). If some of you remember, I was cobalt blue last time. I think it looks cool, though the effect I was going for was a little snagged, as the red bled into what I was trying to keep blond, so I'm also a strawberry blond! Pics of mine to come.
Clips from the week:
Yesterday while Sissy was in school, T was busy taking advantage of being the King of the Castle. He very deliberately removed the baby-proof (yeah, my bum!) cover from the DVD player, pressed a few buttons, and came over to me at the desk to grunt a request. He led me to the TV and patted the screen while signing "please". I turned it on to find that a Baby Einstein DVD had already begun! This came as a surprise only to me, as T squealed, clapped and watched for maybe 4 minutes. Can I brag yet about my genius son, or should I be sad that he has acquired this skill?
Special K has developed an interesting way of eating her vitamins lately. She bites the heads off of the dinosaurs and is very excited with doing this. She's even taken to eating goldfish crackers or anything that has an appendage resembling a head this way as well. I thought for a moment that it was twisted, and then remembered that I have a very rigid system for eating my Peeps: head first, chest second, tail last. They simply taste superior this way!
I've also come to realize that Kea is finding that parts of her body are for herself only. No, it's not what you think. If I absent-mindedly tuck her hair behind her ear, she'll flip it back instantly and declare, "No, Momma. My ears are PRIVATE!" Though she has been obsessed with her brother's ears since his birth, and here are some photos from the farm attesting to that:

No comments:
Post a Comment