Saturday, January 17, 2009

Emergency Kit

We've had an emergency kit for years, and every time I mention it to a friend, they always ask me to send them a list of what we have. Over the years I have compiled my master list consisting of MANY lists from various publications. We actually don't have everything, but it's still what they recommend. So, due to popular demand........

For Your Home (kept in large storage tubs, easily accessible):

Water (1 gallon per person, per day, enough for 3 days)
Food: non-perishable
- protein: beef jerky, peanut butter, canned meat or fish, trail mix, nuts
- canned vegetables and fruit
- energy and granola bars
- comfort food: cookies, candy
- carbs: crackers
- soup, chili
- honey, jelly, sugar, salt, pepper
- juice
- vitamins
Can Opener
Emergency Kit (medical supplies)
Drugs: prescriptions, Benadryl, Pain Reliever, medicine dropper
Toiletries
Extra Glasses
Water Filtering Device or Purification Tablets
Pocket Knife
Crowbar
Goggles
Masks
Rope
Plastic Sheets
Duct Tape
Radio
Batteries
Flashlights
Candles
Waterproof Matches
Whistles
Games
Books
Scissors
Tools: pliers, screwdrivers, wrench
Paper Towels
Zip Locks
Wet Wipes
Antibacterial Soap
Antibacterial Hand Gel
Disposable Dishes and Utensils
Pet Food
Pet Toys
Checks
Fire Extinguisher
Tent
Aluminum Foil
Flares
Paper, Pen, Pencil
Sewing Kit
Cash
Map
Bucket with Lid
Garbage Bags
Toilet Paper
Bleach
Rain Gear
Blankets
Hats, Gloves
Extra Clothes
Shoes
Work Gloves
Sunglasses
Diapers, Wipes
Baby Food, Formula, Bottles, Nipples
Pictures
OK/Help Sign

I know this is ALOT, and it can get really expensive. G and I just spaced it out and got it gradually, and we still don't have everything. I don't think we really ever will! But here's the list, nonetheless.

No comments: