Tuesday, January 20, 2009

To The Zoo!


Well, I thought I had hatched a great plan for today. We simply needed to get out of the house for T's first excursion since the surgery, but we couldn't do anything to expose him to illness, so that left our options narrow! I figured the zoo was perfect - it was GORGEOUS today: sunny, blue sky, and over 40 degrees! I also had to leave, because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation of watching the inauguration (soooooooo exciting!) and I know G wants to watch it when he gets home from work. We get into Seattle and what do we have? Fog, fog, more fog, and COLD (35 degrees). Oh, well. We were planning on hitting the Day and Night Houses anyway to check out Bush Babies and Iguanas (K's faves at the moment). The Iguana (or "Fella" as K dubbed him) was impressive, as were my faves, the Slow Loris. I think K was a little perplexed with the Bush Babies because she thought they would be larger. She has a stuffed one from Disneyland, and it's "ginormous" (as K says) compared to them in the flesh. Kealan also declared that brown snakes are "Autumn Snakes" and green ones are "Spring Snakes". How can I argue with that logic?

No comments: