Monday, March 16, 2009

First Night Away

This weekend G and I took a major and long overdue step in parenthood. We spent our first night away from the kids. I know, it's shameful it took us this long! It was actually my first night away from the kids at all - in 4.5 years! We took the loooong trip (20 minutes) to the Tulalip Casino. After a stop at the outlet mall, we checked into the hotel and into the coolest room I've ever stayed in! It was huge, the bathroom was to die for, and the shower had three heads. We headed to dinner at Tulalip Bay, a "hidden gem" that one of our friends found. Not only was the dinner SPECTACULAR, but really affordable. If we were to get that dinner in Seattle, it would have been WAY more expensive! After this long, leisurely dinner of seafood, bison, and cocktails, we made our way to the casino (not too difficult a task, as it's right outside the door). G didn't fare so well at the tables, though I managed to play Let It Ride for 2 hours and only ended up $15 down! Not too shabby! The woman next to me (whom I dubbed "Big Winnah") however, won BIG. She hit four of a kind and then the very next hand got a full house! She won around $1500 in five minutes! After sleeping in for the first time in the same 4.5 years, we checked out and I swung into the casino to cash in a ticket for a whopping $3. It was a sad sight - all of the slot zombies worshipping at their church at 11:00 AM on Sunday. On a Saturday night the atmosphere is festive and fun, though on a Sunday morning it's bleak to say the least. G and I are very excited to go back for another mini-vacation.

This was all possible due to my wonderful Mother-in-law, Jeanne. She stayed with the kiddos and needless to say, they had a blast and wore her out completely! Kealan was super-excited to have her Grandma come for a visit and spend the night. Before we left, K had already cast Grandma in her role for the visit - Cinderella. K and I were Anastasia and Drizella, G was Lucifer (the Stepmother's cat) and T escaped all of this by napping. Cinderella of course, couldn't attend the ball before completing her chores. K had no problem ordering Grandma to, "Fix the hairdryer, sweep the TV, brush your hair..." Thank you, Jeanne!

No comments: