I often hear echoes of my childhood while my monkeys are playing together. When I was young, my best friend, Tara, and I would grudgingly allow her little brother, Ryan, to play with us. While we played Barbies, he would play the role of "John Smith" (his rancher action figure), the Barbies' neighbor. There we were, planning our fabulous double-weddings in the mansion, and John Smith, whose ranch/farm was next door, was inviting us to his rodeo. Hello! the wedding's today! No time for a rodeo! If we were playing house in the backyard, he could be the "stag". Yes, a male deer. Not even a human role would Ryan play. Ryan would run around the yard, offering to bring us food. I am now witnessing this relationship between K and T. While she's playing, she wants T to join her, though isn't so willing to give up any prime roles to him. "Tiernan, you can be the car, Lucifer (Cinderella's cat), etc."
Yesterday, I decided to introduce T to Jump Planet. He has actually been many times, though always in the sling. This time, it was his turn to jump. He was clingy at first, but after a few minutes of tutorial from K, he was digging it! The big slide was the fave by far, and Momma got a great workout carrying T up this thing for over an hour!




1 comment:
This is hilarious :) Good ol' John Smith. Wanna come see my rodeo? He was so darn cute... we just didn't know it.
I hope you guys are well!
Tara
Post a Comment