Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Power of Invisibility

I am a master-procrastinator. It's shameful, but K just went in for her first dentist appointment! I've been meaning to do it for years. Oddly enough, I go every 6 months and ride G when he misses one! Well, we finally made it in for her and T's first visit. They did an amazing job! Both had a great time even, and loved the "tickle toothbrush" and "slurpy straw"
That night was also T's follow-up sleep study at Childrens' Hospital. I was so hopeful going in that we would be able to discontinue the oxygen at night, though now I'm a little worried that that isn't the case. Around midnight, the technician put him on oxygen. We haven't heard the official report yet, but I'm assuming that the surgery didn't do the job. However, T did a great job this time! He walked around like he owned the place, didn't fuss at all, and fell asleep really well. All of the techs LOVED him!
Kealan also had her annual appointment at the Orthopedist at Childrens' Hospital yesterday. Nothing new there, but she had a very engaging conversation with the receptionist regarding the benefits and downfalls of various super-powers. Together they came to the conclusion that the power of invisibility would be the best, as you could find all of your hidden Birthday and Christmas presents! On the way home K asked if she was going to turn 5 on her next birthday. After getting the answer she was looking for, she stated, "Then on my next birthday I'll be 6, then on my next birthday I'll be 7"...."then on my next birthday I'll be 10, then I'll be grown up!"

No comments: