Saturday, August 29, 2009

Forget Princess, I Want To Be A Vampire!

Off again to Forks and Sequim! We had such a blast last time that we had to go back. This time to stay along the Quillayute River in between Forks and La Push. Apparently we were safe from vampires, as the cabin was over the treaty line (you Twilight fans know of which I speak)! I adore that Forks is getting so much tourism as a result of Twilight and the other books, and every joint, I mean every joint was cashing in. The first day was beautiful - 80 degrees. The next morning we awoke to rain - very fitting! It didn't dampen our fun, as we still had a great time playing in the river and in town, where the kids picked up their souvenirs. Little stuffed wolves - T's is named Jacob (courtesy of me - Twilight fans again know) and K wouldn't name hers Leah, but instead chose Princess Wilhelmina Serafina.



From there we were off to Sequim to visit Grandma Suzie and Grandpa Ron and met up with my Mom-in-Law and Sis-in-Law, Skye. The kids loved playing with Auntie Ty Ty, Grace, and Grandma, and tore up Great Grandma Suzie and Great Grandpa Ron's house as usual!

No comments: