Saturday, August 8, 2009

Going Back To B'ham, B'ham, B'ham...

While G is on "sabbatical", we're taking advantage of a relatively flexible schedule and going on many day trips, overnight trips, and little vacations. I feel this is precious time, as Kealan is beginning Kindergarten in the fall, and these are the last few weeks of having two preschoolers. Soon she will be gone every day, and that is hard for me to deal with at the moment! One of our recent overnighters was to Bellingham, where G and I met while attending Western when we were tender 18 year-olds! I hadn't been back since graduation in 1996, and was expecting to see big changes to the campus. There were a few, but all in all, it was the same. We had a blast running around campus (in the kids' case, literally), exploring the sculptures and checking out our old haunts.
The building where G spent a good majority of his time. The sign is beginning to show it's age!
The kids loved playing on the huge orange sculpture in front of the Performing Arts Building. It was a rocket and a "Panda Treehouse".

Even Kealan didn't know what to make of the infamous Man Wrestling Bear
Photo op in Red Square
Playing Peek-a-Boo in another favorite sculpture in front of the Engineering Building








Unfortunately the Recreation Department was closed for Summer Quarter, so I didn't get to say "hi" to my profs. The kids tried valiantly to break in!

The kids' souvenirs from the Bookstore - named "Cream Cheese" and "Peanut Butter"
We spent that night in a hotel after a great dinner at La Fiamma and a swim in the pool. The next day we played in Fairhaven and drove home along Chuckanut Drive, where I decided I will have a house on the bluff on the north end. GORGEOUS! I had forgotten just how beautiful it is!

Kealan chose rainbow for her pedi
We also had a visit from G's mom, sister Skye, and her baby, Grace. It was great to visit and have the kids spend some quality time with their cousin.
It looks as though the kids are accusing Grace of offending their sense of smell, though it was just coincidence that they were both touching their noses at that moment!
Tiernan kept calling Grace "Doll".
K funny: While pretending to be bears with T - "Let's go out and eat some hunters!"

No comments: