Monday, December 14, 2009

Do I Have Some Catchin' Up To Do!

Kealan enjoys choosing her own clothes from her wardrobe. She often comes up with some interesting ensembles!
Holy Moley! Where has the time gone?! I've missed an entire holiday! Well, I'll give a Reader's Digest version of what we've been up to:
First of all - "Yay!" for Mom and Dad being back in the WA! They have decided that life is too short to spend retirement where they don't want to simply because their house hasn't sold. Thanks to my loving God Mom, Mary, they're renting out part of her house and spending the winter here. What was originally a 5 year absence has morphed into 8. We're thrilled to have them back, if only temporarily.

These are some random pics from fall while T and I were waiting at K's bus stop.



Peek!
We had the opportunity to watch my niece, Grace, for a few hours, and boy, how T loves that girl! They hung out and learned that they both love to suck on their hands.

Yum!

Hey, maybe yours tastes better than mine!
We learned what the swine flu and resulting 3 day stay at Children's Hospital cost: $12K. Thank God for insurance!
Thanksgiving was wonderful! We spent the day at the Lillies just hanging out as usual - my favorite! Great food and better company. I can't ask for anything more!
G and I attended our first Dendreon function together as a date night and had a blast! It was our first Dendreon Christmas Party, and most likely our last. Since April, Dendreon has doubled their work force, and they plan to triple it again within the next year. It will prove to be difficult to hold all-company parties (especially with plus-ones) in the future. This year the party was held at Union Station with The Kings of Swing, gaming tables, and a Martini Luge. "What's a Martini Luge?"you ask? This:
An ice tower with surgical tubing winding through it. The Bartender pours your drink into the top of the luge, it gets chilled while travelling through it, and it's expelled at the bottom into your waiting glass. I'd say that it did a mighty fine job, as I had 3 delicious drinks which was probably 1 too many!
This past weekend I took my girl on a date and saw the Imagination Movers. They have been a favorite of ours for about 2 1/2 years. G and I love them as well. They're considered "Kindie Rock" - music that kids love and that adults don't mind at all! It was a great first concert for her, and if got me thinking how much the times have changed. My first concert was ACDC at age 3. Nonetheless, we has a rad time, and even got up close and personal with the Movers. We had seats up close on the aisle, and Kealan spent most of the time dancing in the aisle or in front of her seat. Before we knew what was happening, Dave was sitting in her seat! I wasn't prepared at all and barely got photographic evidence! Then she was able to give Scott a high five! So Cool!
Before the show with a much-too-expensive first concert souvenir.


I think she's a little shocked to find Dave in her seat.

This is Dave getting up. Doesn't she look suspicious?

T Funnies:
- He's now finding the humor in bodily functions. He tooted, looked around, and said, "Me? ME!"
- While the weather was beautiful but COLD, we took advantage and played at our little playground after the bus dropped K off at home. There is a little window in the structure and Tiernan kept poking his head out saying, "Here's your pies". He substitutes "f''s for "p"s, so I asked him if he was giving me fries. "Yes, this is Old McDonald's." (what he calls McDonalds). What used to be a house is now a drive through.
- He's still in that phase where he will take credit for anything, even something naughty.
Me: Who did this?!
T: Me, me, MEEEEEEEE! (with arms raised)
K Funnies:
- After my suggesting pizza for dinner, K protested by saying, "But I don't like pizza!". "You might like this pizza." I responded. "Is it candy pizza?" This girl knows what she likes.
- While playing in the playroom, Kealan came up to me with two play pot lids against her chest. "Momma, guess who I am?" As she is most often Ariel these days, I guessed, "Ariel", thinking they were serving as her shell bra. "Nope! You! These are my breasts!"
G Funny:
- Discovering that the "hard" setting on Rock Band was more difficult than he expected, G proclaimed, "Hard is hard!" Profound.

No comments: