Merry Christmas! Ours began with a trip to Olympia to spend Christmas Eve with the Blankenship side of the family. A blast, as always! Mom and Dad were able to ride down with us thanks to Minnie, and we almost ran out of gas! G misread the gauge (the Touareg's gas gauge is opposite). Thank God for the low-gas-indicator! After visiting and hanging out, we tend to follow a traditional schedule: eat, read the Christmas Story, sing carols, Santa visits, eat, gift opening, eat, play the game, and eat! What fun! The Game is monumental in my family's celebration. It is a gift exchange game that has become VERY competitive. It's almost a contact sport! I have to say (with a puffed chest full of pride) that we (Mom, Dad, Jeff, Joelle, G and I) RULE the game. For years, really ever since I can remember, we've been in cahoots to get exactly what we want. The rest of the family always whined about our domination, but it never bothered us. Now they're taking our lead and being cut-throat as well. We brought a whole load of Bacon Maple Bar Sandwiches (or "bombs") and they were obliterated in about 2 minutes. The 5 teenage boys in the basement even made an appearance to inhale them - that's how RAD they are!
T with his new Cookie Monster
Christmas morning was spent in our jammies, opening gifts and stockings, eating crabcakes and croissants, wishing Jesus a Happy Birthday, and relaxing with Mom and Dad. In the afternoon we headed to the Lillies, where we enjoyed more great food, fun times, and celebrating! The day was cut short, however, when Momma lost it (or "Donald Duck-ed Out, as it's come to be known as). I did what every parent threatens to do but never follows through with around Christmas time when their kids go nuts. Yes, I cancelled Christmas! Well, it was too late to technically cancel it, but we did leave abruptly and a few hours early, before dessert. Not only that, but the kids had to pack up all of their gifts when we got home and go straight to bed. They earned all of them back, one by one, but hopefully now I will be taken a little more seriously! Even with this incident, Christmas was lovely and I cherished it all!









No comments:
Post a Comment