Thursday, May 5, 2011

Vegas, Princesses, and Dustin Fever!

G and I celebrated our 12th anniversary in Vegas, thanks to my mom and her bravery in watching my children for 5 days and 4 nights! Thank You, Mom! We had a blast, of course, and the only drawback was that I didn't win. Boo! Right before we left Kealan was the Star of the Week at school and decorated her poster all by herself. Seriously - she wouldn't let me touch it. Her favorite animal is a kitten, her favorite color is pink, and her favorite food is bacon. Pump It Up is her favorite place, when she grows up she wants to be a vet, and her favorite thing to do is ride her scooter. The space in the lower right corner is her One Wish. Her One Wish is for her tooth to fall out. For the past several weeks her front tooth has literally been hanging in there like a hanging Chad (enjoy the outdated reference)! She refuses to pull it or let us pull it, so it has become a waiting game.

Kid Funnies:
- In preparing K for watching the royal wedding, I informed her that there was a girl just like us in England named Kate, and she was going to become a princess when she married Prince William. I was shocked when she stated, "Mom, princesses don't exist." Of all the things she believes from Fairy Tales, this one she does not. Upon watching the wedding, T asked, "If he's a prince, where's his crown?"
- K and T came downstairs to show off their dress-up ensembles, with K declaring they were "Lady Gaga and Justin Beaver" (Bieber). I wanted to hear that again, and I knew T didn't know who he was pretending to be, so I asked, "Who are you again?" "I can't remember", T replied. K corrected him, "You're Justin Beaver!" T said, "Oh, yeah . I'm Dustin Fever!"

No comments: