Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Fourth!

Happy Fourth of July! Kealan is very excited for the fireworks - she's only seen them in Disneyland, and according to her, that's where all fireworks are! We just returned from our little vacation to Sequim and it was great. This time we stayed a little longer and had nice weather to do the things that we wanted, unlike last time! We finally got Kealan to the Olympic Game Farm. It's a little drive-through park filled with zebra, yak, buffalo, llama, deer, elk, bear, a white rhino, and many rabbits and peacocks. My family and I would camp at Dungeness Campground every year while I was growing up, and a visit to the Game Farm was a given! You buy multiple loaves of bread and drive through with your windows open and get mauled by various animals. By the end you are literally covered in yak and buffalo drool and snot and need to bathe! It's great fun! I took G there before we were married and he wasn't as cool with the buffalo as I was. Needless to say, we skipped the buffalo this time, deciding it was better for K not to get spooked by them. She made great strides in working through her new fear of peacocks there (from the zoo), and even fed some very gentle llamas by hand! Tiernan was unimpressed by all of this, as he slept the entire time!

Nice Llama!

A wave from a bear. A lot of the animals are retired from Hollywood, and many have been rescued.The yak are actually quite sweet. There was a Mommy and Baby in the middle of the road so we had to stop. G decided that this was their strategy, as we then became surrounded by all of them, sticking their long tongues all over us!I couldn't get back far enough to get a good pic of the zebra!We figured that this rare White Rhino was simply too tired to lug that huge horn around and had to rest!K's highlight - the bunny that looked like our cat, Lewis!
This trip also marked the first time T has been on Dungeness Spit. We took a picnic lunch down, and K did an awesome job hiking in! It's a 1/2 mile each way, and she only needed a little help on the way back.

This is the "throne" (a tree with exposed roots that form a very crude seat) that we (Tara, Ryan, and I) had top sit on EVERY time we passed by in our youth. I am passing the tradition onto my children as long as it is still standing! As you can see, K isn't to sure about it!

T discovered that sand tastes pretty good!










This is T back in the car - his hair can get super-crazy after we take off his helmet or a hat, and when it happens, I call him "Nick" as in Nick Nolte (did you see his mug shot?!)



I think K's fav part of the whole thing was the hotel pool. We stayed in this hotel the last time, and having a pool is a BIG bonus! This also marked the first time T has been in a pool!





And, of course we also squeezed in a few visits with Grandma Suzie and Grandpa Ron. It's so good to see them and visit when we can.

No comments: