Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More Tests for Tiernan!

We visited Children's hospital yet again on Wednesday for Tiernan to see the Otolaryngologist. I said my little prayer as I drove into the parking lot, thanking God that I am not here because my child is really injured or hurt, or ill with something very serious. Also thanking Him that Children's is here and available to us. It turns out that his tonsils look great, though she thinks that his constant runny nose and sickness might be due to allergies, so now we're off to see an Allergist! We also need to have a sleep study at the Sleep Clinic to address his snoring and apnea, where T and I both spend the night with T hooked up to all kinds of electrodes. Right now we're using saline nasal spray to help it all, and after all is said and done, we go back to Children's in 3-6 months to find out if what we're doing is working. If it's not, they'll look at his adenoids and see if they need to be removed. He also has a little fluid in his right ear, and if that doesn't improve either, he might need tubes. Oy!

We went in to have T's 1st Birthday pics taken and here are two (they're not very good quality because they're just a pic of the proofs). Look at this handsome boy!

Last week was Kealan's summer camp at her preschool where she learned lots of songs and dances, and made instruments. On Friday, the parents were treated to a performance by our little ones, and apparently K was a little more shy here than during their practices, according to Mrs. Nehme. I'm glad I got the whole thing on video, because there were so many cute songs and dances that I had never seen/heard before!
The kids made their shirts with their handprints, and K's are, of course, pink!


Our weekend was so much fun! It was kicked off on Saturday morning with Grady's (April's son) 1st Birthday Party, and followed with a visit from Grandma and Jaypa to babysit while G and I went out for a grown-up date with friends - the first since K was born! Whenever we get a chance to go out (which is extremely rare), we go out just the two of us. This time we bought tickets to see Eddie Izzard at the Paramount months ago with our dear friends Dave and Rebecca. We went to dinner at the Steelhead Diner at Pike Place and I cannot express how divine it was! The show was great and it was an awesome night. The kids had a grand time (as usual), thank you Grandma and Jaypa! To top it off, T finally cut his 6th tooth - upper left.


On Sunday we cruised the Mill Creek Fest in the Town Center - nothing huge, but it's a fun little outing. I do have one complaint - they need some "fair food"! All they have every year is a kettle corn stand and shaved ice. That's it! Not acceptable in my book!


Monday held a long awaited visit to the Spray Pad at Willis Tucker Park. I simply hadn't managed to get us there! The whole experience got a big thumbs up from K and T, who hopefully will be able to take a little more active role as time progresses! It's the perfect size. Not too big that I lose eyesight of K, but big enough that it's a major attraction.

T LOVED watching all of the kids and even got a little wet himself!



Today I watched Gibson While April took Grady to his Dr. appointment, and the 3 kids had a blast. They had so much fun playing on the deck with T's bubble machine!

No comments: