Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cabin-ing at Lake Cushman

What a great week! Tiernan is starting to use a few signs and we have discovered his passion - balls! He LOVES to play catch! And he's actually pretty good! His favorite is a red Gertie ball that we play a triangle game of catch with along with K. I weighed him on Thursday and he's 24 pounds, 11 oz. Kealan is having a blast with summer, and has been a little bummed out that the sun is not out in it's full glory the last few days. She adores playing in the garden every night, and it's been a little on the cool side to allow a little girl in panties and a shirt run around outside!

This last weekend held the annual Blankenship Camping Trip at Lake Cushman. I don't refer to it as "camping", however. It is most definitely "cabin-ing" for us. There is a great campground where you can camp, rent a trailer, or book a tiny, little cabin. The cabins are perfect! But in no way, is it camping! They have 2 tvs, a full kitchen, a bathroom (including shower) and 2 rooms - so cute. This weekend was also my birthday and it was awesome to spend it with my extended family. G treated me to carrot cake and my gift before we left. Along with many people my age, when I was young, I owned several pairs of knock-off Ray Ban Way-farers in a rainbow of colors. A few weeks ago I told G that I wanted a real pair sometime, and lo and behold, they were presented to me by my sweet husband! He loves to indulge me in those luxuries of my youth - my first pair of Fluevogs, my first Swatch Watches (with Swatch-Guards), etc. The morning of my birthday, G surprised me with Krispy Kreme that he had smuggled along on the trip! Yum! Happy Birthday to my good friend, Bryan, who shares the day with me!

T, Trynne, and K

Bergen and Tanner

My kids were sooooo grimy by the end of the weekend! We came home and made "Gardipee Soup" or "Stew" (my kids' dirty bath water)!

No comments: