Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Great Mommy's Day

Happy Mother's day to all of the great mothers in my life! Fortunately, I was able to spend Mother's Day with my mom this year, something I haven't been able to do in about 7 years. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend it with my Mom-in-Law, but I will in a few days! G took the kids to Flower World to pick up my annual flowers, which are beautiful, and I stayed at home for a very rare event - time spent alone in my house. I was able to read my book for a little over an hour. It was so quiet that I could hear (quite loudly, I might add) the tick-tock of Tiernan's clock in his room upstairs through his monitor. It synced up perfectly with the one downstairs, which was also quite loud! Very symbolic that I didn't realize the clocks ticked! We then took a trip to the park and played the afternoon away.

Kealan's school, of course, threw us Mommies a wonderful party on Friday. We were treated to a performance of songs, a taste of their daily activities, and learning several of their prayers, one of which was new to me and Kealan's fave - the Superman Prayer. It's sung to the tune of the Superman theme and so cute! After the festivities the children showed us their love by serving us a yummy treat and in turn waiting patiently for their food. She had made a beautiful placemat with her handprints, a bookmark, a card, and decorated a potted marigold. I'm so spoiled!

Me and my Monkeypants
Supergirl!

Thank you, Monkeypants and Tosha, for bestowing on me the most wonderful title (along with "wife") that exists, "Mommy". You are both so precious to me, and I thank God daily for the blessings that you are! I love you!

1 comment:

Tara said...

What great photos! I love the one of you and Pat, and the one of you and K. Very sweet :)